Authors, do you want the Go On Girl! Book Club to read your book? Publishers, do you want to have your book considered as a Go On Girl! Book Club title? If you would like to submit your book as a Go On Girl! Book Club monthly read, contact the Book Review Committee.
Our club strives to read books within a broad range of literary styles and currently focuses on the following genres:
- Anthology - a collection of selected literary pieces or passages or works by different authors. Can be either fiction or non-fiction.
- New Author - any fiction or non-fiction work by a previously unpublished writer.
- Novel - an invented prose narrative that is usually long and complex and deals especially with the human experience through a usually connected sequence of events. This is fiction. (Known for our purposes as Novel 1 and Novel 2.)
- Autobiographical/Biographical - the biography of a person narrated by himself/the biography of a person narrated by someone else. This is non-fiction.
- Classic - a fiction or non-fiction work of enduring excellence, a typical or perfect example OR at least 20 years old.
- Short Story Collection - a collection of short fiction by the same author.
- Science-Fiction/Fantasy - fiction principally with the impact of actual or imagined science on society or individuals/imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters.
- International - any fiction or non-fiction work written by an author of African descent writing from a cultural perspective/experience outside the United States. NOT restricted to authors living outside the U.S.
- Social Commentary/Cultural Criticism - A work of non-fiction addressing social and cultural issues of interest to people of African descent.
- Mystery - a piece of fiction dealing with the solution of a mysterious crime or event.
- Historical - a fiction or non-fiction work based on a historical event or a period in history; a written narrative of past events.
How to Submit Your Book to Go On Girl! Book Club for Consideration
Be sure to send the following details to our Book Review Committee:
- Book Title
- Publisher's name
- Publishing date
- Number of pages
- Specific genre category